1) Because Roger Stirling entered season five as the lowliest most pathetic character and exited the most triumphant. (And maybe the most doable? Thoughts?)
2) Because weight watchers may finally teach Betty to find strength in lady bonding, instead of lady hatin’.
3) Because only Mad Men can turn dogs fucking into a poignant moment.
4) Because in a whole season of completely heartbreaking moments (Lane! Joan!) the saddest and most effecting may have been when Don can’t get through one listen of “Tomorrow Never Knows”
5) Because of the perfect payoff of these three scenes.
From the pilot:
From The Suitcase (S4):
From The Other Woman:
6) Because when everything is getting too horrible you can at least have Joan and Don flirting in a bar.
7) Because despite everything, Joan finally made partner, and left that gross rapist Dr. husband.
8) Because Peggy has the only good relationship on the show.
9) Because Pete got punched in the face… twice.